BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Blogger Templates »

Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's not all all but we have a dog

Assorted photos from Mouthiers-sur-Boëme, where Elodie lives (and where I stayed for 2 weeks).  Some of these are from this week and some are from like a month ago.  Have I mentioned that I'm still getting caught up with this blog?  Can I also mention that I get La Vie Bohème stuck in my head every time I hear the name of that town?

The view of the town from Elodie's backyard.  Pretty!
The following area is where people used to wash their clothes in the olden days.  I guess I should stop complaining about having to hang dry my laundry - it could be so much worse.


I bet it wasn't as charming as it looks.

That water looks cold.

This is La Chaire à Calvin (Calvin's pulpit), and some ancient cave art. 
Calvin apparently preached here.  I couldn't get close enough to see any "Calvin wuz here" graffiti, so I guess I'll take their word for it.
This was done 15,000 years ago, in the Paleolithic period.
They think it's a sort of horse reproduction cycle: mating horses, pregnant horse, then a horse giving birth.

Note: you can totally see that it's cloudy here all the time because these pictures were taken on 3 different days over the span of about a month.  My students totally rock at saying "it's cloudy".

No comments:

Post a Comment